Thank you for your interest and support of my campaign this far. Making donations to local candidates is the most effective way to bring about change in your local community.
This year McLean County has more choice than we have ever had before on the ballot. Because of the historically low number of challengers in local elections, we have to let the voters know that when they go to their polling location this year, they will have options. Your donation will help us get the word out!
Any contribution will help. The voice of the people should be the guiding force in our democracy, and it is time we all had a voice.
Contributions may be made by mailing a check made out to “Friends of Elizabeth Johnston” to:
Friends of Elizabeth Johnston
3321 Topaz Road
Normal, IL 61761
Or you can Click Here to Donate Online
Federal Contribution Rules
- Contributions must be made from your own funds, not funds provided to you by another person or entity for the purpose of making the contribution.
- You must verify that you are not a federal contractor, are at least 18 years old, are a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
Illinois Contribution Terms
- Maximum contribution for individuals is $5,400 per candidate per election cycle.
- Maximum contribution for PACs is $53,900 per candidate per election cycle.
- Maximum contribution for corporations and labor organizations is $10,800 per candidate per election cycle.
- State law requires us to obtain the name and address of each contributor who gives more than $150 in aggregate, as well as the occupation and employer of each individual who contributes more than $500 in aggregate.
- Donations are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.
Paid for by the Friends of Elizabeth Johnston.
A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board’s official website (www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.